[OS X TeX] tex, pdf, and doc

Steffen Hokland hokland at mr.au.dk
Mon Sep 4 19:55:20 CEST 2006

> It might be interesting to see if your organisation has some sort of
> standards policy. If it has, they mostly says something like
> preferring or
> even demanding open standards, of which PDF is one.
Not at the University of Aarhus - here the common standard is M$
Word. And being a physicist gone bad (I've switched to medical
research), it's even worse, since apparently medical doctors are
nearly religious in their Word affections. I sent an abstract in pdf
for a conference, and got it back with the instruction to resubmit as
word-doc. It's quite sad I think, since universities in particular
have a obligation to widen the horizon in stead of perpetuating a de
facto monopole.

Steffen