[OS X TeX] TeXShop wish list

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Sep 4 12:24:36 CEST 2006

The Applescript below closes the frontmost tex file and removes the
corresponding .aux files. You can add any other filename.xxx to be
removed by looking at the structure of the script.

Save the script as a Macro to be called by a short key.

Claus

--AppleScript
-- Apply only to an already saved file
-- Claus Gerhardt, September 2006
(*This script provides the filename and its various derivatives of
the frontmost (tex) document in TeXShop.*)

tell application "TeXShop"
	get path of document of window 1
	set fileName to result
end tell

set {baseName, texName, pdfName, namePath, dirName, dirNameunquoted,
logName, logPath, rtfName} to setnamets(fileName)

tell application "TeXShop"
	close document texName
end tell

set shellScript to "cd " & dirName & ";"
set shellScript to shellScript & "rm -f  " & baseName & ".aux"
do shell script shellScript

on setnamets(x)
	set n to (number of characters of contents of x)
	set fileNamequoted to quoted form of x
	set windowName to do shell script "basename " & fileNamequoted
	set m to (number of characters of contents of windowName)
	set dirName to quoted form of (characters 1 thru (n - m - 1) of x as
string)
	set dirNameunquoted to (characters 1 thru (n - m - 1) of x as string)
	set theText to contents of windowName as string

	set n to (number of characters of contents of theText)
	set i to n as number

	repeat while i > 0
		if character i of theText is equal to "." then
			set m to i
			exit repeat
		else
			set i to (i - 1)
		end if
	end repeat

	set baseName to (characters 1 thru (m - 1) of theText as string)
	set texName to baseName & ".tex"
	set namePath to dirNameunquoted & "/" & baseName as string
	set pdfName to namePath & ".pdf" as string
	set rtfName to namePath & ".rtf" as string
	set logPath to namePath & ".log" as string
	set logName to baseName & ".log" as string

	try
		tell application "TeXShop"
			save document texName
		end tell
	end try
	return {baseName, texName, pdfName, namePath, dirName,
dirNameunquoted, logName, logPath, rtfName} as list
end setnamets