[OS X TeX] Gentium help

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Sep 2 20:05:47 CEST 2006

Am 02.09.2006 um 18:38 schrieb Bruno Voisin:

> This type of question is generally answered very rapidly on the
> XeTeX mailing list <http://tug.org/mailman/listinfo/xetex>.

mailman/listinfo/tex-fonts. Maybe someone has already a ready
package. I think Michael Zedler build some beta version via
converting Gentium vom TTF to OTF:

>> I used fontforge to convert to otf, including simplify+autohint; the
>> quality of the hinting really surprised me (the positive way). Then
>> otftotfm did the rest. Overall: 5 minutes per encoding (anyone got
>> t3/t4
>> enc files?). No need to mess around with 8r and the like.
>>

> I've put Gentium LaTeX support on
> http://www.hft.ei.tum.de/mz/ggn.tar.bz2. T1, TS1, LY1, T3, T5, T2x,
> X2,
> OT2, LGR encodings covered. No math, T3 needs a thorough revision from
> somebody familiar with TIPA.

Update: preliminary math support

http://www.hft.ei.tum.de/mz/ggn.tar.bz2           binaries
http://www.hft.ei.tum.de/mz/ggn-source.tar.bz2    sources
http://www.hft.ei.tum.de/mz/testmath_gentium.pdf  sample

Latin Text seems to work perfectly – no wonder! Other nations
probably will have some problems. Maths is not perfectly yet.

Recently John Owens has developed a scheme to install OT fonts in
TeX. Here is a preliminary version of his coming article in TUGboat:
http://tinyurl.com/o8ta4 (haven't read it yet entirely).

--
Greetings

   Pete

"Computers are good at following instructions,
but not at reading your mind."
D. E. Knuth, The TeXbook, Addison-Wesley 1984, 1986, 1996, p. 9