[OS X TeX] TeXLive i-Package update

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Oct 30 23:12:53 CET 2006

Le 30 oct. 06 à 22:11, Gerben Wierda a écrit :

> On 30 Oct 2006, at 15:07 , Bruno Voisin wrote:
>
>> - I'm perplexed by the content of psfonts.map at the end of the
>> installation process: no info inside it for Computer Modern or
>> LaTeX fonts. This seems to be caused by the absence in the distro of:
>>
>> cmother-bsr.map
>> cmtext-bsr-interpolated.map
>> cmtext-bsr.map
>> latex-bsr.map
>>
>> Are Latin Modern fonts supposed to be used in place of these?
>
> I have no idea, I am just the middle man.
>
>> There are teTeX replacements of those .map files:
>>
>> /usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/dvips/tetex/bsr-
>> interpolated.map
>> /usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/dvips/tetex/bsr.map
>>
>> However, they would overlap partly with:
>>
>> /usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/dvips/ams/ams-bsr-
>> interpolated.map
>> /usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/dvips/ams/ams-bsr.map
>> /usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/dvips/ams/ams-cmcsc-bsr-
>> interpolated.map
>> /usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/dvips/ams/ams-cmex-bsr-
>> interpolated.map
>
> I just added the tetex maps for convenience. Maybe I should remove
> them

I think there's a problem with the CM font setup: psfonts.map
contains apparently no info for them. This might explain John
Rawnsley's report earlier today <http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-
archives/2006-October/025361.html> about "a problem with missing CM
postscript (and some other fonts) when running pdflatex or dvips".

I can't check right now, as I'm not tonight on the Mac on which I
performed the install. I'll try to reproduce the install on my
current Mac, but on ADSL the downloads may take a bit of time.

Bruno