[OS X TeX] TeXLive i-Package update

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Oct 30 16:19:43 CET 2006

On 30 Oct 2006, at 9:07 am, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 30 oct. 06 à 12:34, Gerben Wierda a écrit :
>
>> The problems some people experienced were the result of something
>> as simple as a missing ls-R database (texhash/mktexlsr did not run).
>>
>> I think the situation now is that i-Installer 2.85 fixes the
>> dependency problems and the TeX Live i-Package itself does the
>> texhash when configuration follows installation.
>>
>> Both together should fix things.
>
> Install just completed. Some quick points:
>
> - The XeTeX, XEplain and XeLaTeX formats can't be compiled
> (assuming they've been checked in Expert mode at the Format
> Selection stage), because of a missing unicode-letters.tex (at /usr/
> local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/generic/xetex/unicode-letters.tex
> in the teTeX setup).

In TL, it's at texmf-dist/tex/generic/xetex/unicode-letters.tex, but
the xetex-related package specifications in TL are not yet finalized
and checked, and clearly it didn't get picked up as part of the TL
subset that Gerben is shipping. This should get sorted out as TL
moves towards release, but for now you could add it manually.

JK