[OS X TeX] TeXLive tree

Frank STENGEL fstengel at mac.com
Sat Oct 28 23:07:21 CEST 2006

Tying to look at the xu-... hyphenation patterns, I discovered that
the TeXLive i-package actually installs a new tree structure. I
should have noticed it while installing the the package: it is in the
readme file.

I have two questions though:

-- When the old teTeX based system disappears, will there be a way to
automagically transfer stuff one has installed in /usr/local/teTeX/
share/texmf.local into the ``new'' /usr/local/TeXLive/texmf.local? I
mean something other than command line trickery. Would it be
possible, when the i-package is ripe enough, to add such a migration
feature?
-- How does one (temporarily) add the teTeX texmf.local to the texmf
trees searched by the new TeXLive setup? I understand this would be a
potentially dangerous thing to do and that it would break at every
update of the TeXLive i-package. Still, I could that way use the
stuff in teTeX's texmf.local tree without copying it.

--
Frank STENGEL (fstengel<at>mac.com)