[OS X TeX] psTricks and i-Installer

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Oct 27 11:22:51 CEST 2006

Am 27.10.2006 um 09:18 schrieb Friedrich Vosberg:

> Morning.
>
> Does i-Installer install the most recent versions of psTricks,
> xkeyval, xcolor, pdftex and graphicx?

In general: no, since teTeX's dead. Nothing *EXPERIMENTAL* is
available (yet).

PSTricks is 2004/05/12 v0.2l.
Xkeyval is 2005/01/30 v2.0.
Xcolor is v2.00 2004/07/04.
PdfTeX is 3.141592-1.30.4-2.2.
Graphicx is 1999/02/16 v1.0f.

The latex-update i-Package brings nothing new in this area, except it
has a new graphics.sty (2006/02/20 v1.0o) (+ companions) with this
addition:

< \DeclareOption{dvipdfmx}{\def\Gin at driver{dvipdfmx.def}}
< \DeclareOption{xetex}{\def\Gin at driver{xetex.def}}

So it's a must.

> If not, which way is the best and easiest (the most maklike way) to
> install these packages in /usr/local/... and keep them updated?

Read the ReadMe and Install files, run pdflatex on the DTX and INS
files and install the files created according to the descriptions
into the /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local tree. Run a final
texhash. That's what I think is Mac like.

A newer pdfetex can be installed by compiling it from its sources.
Nothing useful added since ...

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete