[OS X TeX] Displaying a LaTeX beamer presentation

Jens Noeckel noeckel at uoregon.edu
Thu Oct 26 06:12:03 CEST 2006

On Oct 25, 2006, at 4:03 PM, Marcus Michalsky wrote:

> Well,
> I do not exactly know what you want to know,
> but my last seminar talk was a beamer created pdf,
> which I presented using Acrobat Reader...
> Everything works fine, including the links on the slides.
> I have not tried to use dual screen presentations, where
> on your laptop screen is a version with notes, and on
> the beamer (not the beamer class ;-) is the slideshow
> without them...
> Another Problem was Videos within the presentation.
> It accepted only special codecs, don't really figured out
> what was the problem...

Yes, that has happened to me too when showing a PDF presentation on a
Windows machine - and in situations like that, you don't usually have
much time to investigate...

However, for videos, sounds and 3D graphics, Adobe Reader relies on
external media players, which are system specific. So I think these
kinds of failures can't be blamed on Adobe, but on the incompleteness
of the platform-dependent movie player.

Jens