[OS X TeX] R, paradigm to bring into the LaTeX world?

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Mon Oct 23 16:53:41 CEST 2006

On Oct 23, 2006, at 06:58, Gerben Wierda wrote:

[assessment of TeX packages snipped]

> PS. I have noticed that since MacTeX has become available the
> stream of feedback on i-Installer and the i-Packages has dried up.
> Probably as a result of bahaviour like the behaviour described
> above. A superficial inspection of download logs in August has
> brought still considerable download activity to light. Still, in
> terms of getting feedback, this had dwindled to almost nothing.

Well, I installed using i-Installer a week or two ago, but my TeX
usage is light enough these days that I haven't done much testing.
Hence the lack of feedback :(.  If MacTeX results in i-Installer and
i-Packages drying up, it begins to sound like a bad thing to support
(killing the goose that lays the golden eggs).

-- Adam