[OS X TeX] R, paradigm to bring into the LaTeX world?

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Sun Oct 22 17:10:12 CEST 2006

To find a package I usually google for it and end up downloading it
from CTAN. Most of these packages should be installed in
  ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/misc

Some, e.g., class files have their own directories like
~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/amscls

or for the bitex related files
~/Library/texmf/bibtex

or the index related
~/Library/texmf/makeindex

Anyway, as a last resort, one should remember that tex always finds
files that are in the same directory as the actual tex file.

Claus