[OS X TeX] Best place to put updated Babel?

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Mon Oct 16 22:45:18 CEST 2006

Maarten,

The MacTeX package is constructed by renaming /usr/local on the
construction
machine, and then creating a new /usr/local by asking i-Installer to
install

	TeX, installed with options Full, x86/ppc
	Freetype 2, GNU gettext libraries, FontForge, and Fondu Mac Font cli
Tools
	CM-Super
	CB Greek
	ConTeXT updater
	LaTeX updater
	MusixTeX
	Ghostscript 8
	Libwmf, PNG Library
	ImageMagick
	RTF 2 LaTeX2e and Latex to RTF Converter
	XeTeX

Then Apple's PackageMaker converts the new /usr/local (and the GUI
applications and package receipts)
into an install Package. So everything Gerben's system installs with
these packages
will be in MacTeX.

I released a new MacTeX.pkg yesterday; the previous one didn't
contain the two Latex to and
from RTF converters. The new package contains i-Installer 2.82, not
yet the i-Installer 2.83 released
today.

Dick
koch at math.uoregon.edu