[OS X TeX] Continuous pdf reader?

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sat Oct 14 10:07:36 CEST 2006

Hello David,

On 14/10/2006, at 1:21 PM, david craig wrote:

> Prefacing this query with the recognition that I suspect such a
> thing is unlikely to exist ...
>
> I'm wondering whether there is a pdf reader out there that can
> display a multipage pdf as one long continuous page, in the same
> sense as (gulp) Word's "Normal" margin-less document view?

This is quite impossible, since the PDF reader cannot know the
correct flow of the document's source, in the same way that Word
or TeXshop's editor knows the source before typesetting has been
performed.

The PDF files is arranged as a tree-like structure of "Pages".
That is how the information is then shown within the Reader
application.  However, most PDF Reader applications allow the images
of the pages to be shown one above another, by scrolling continuously
using the right-hand scroll-bar. Certainly Adobe Reader can do this,
and so can Preview, via the  View > PDF Display > Continuous  menu item.

> (And yes, it's reasonably clear why there probably isn't, but ...
> such a thing would be very useful to me.)
>
> David Craig

Hope this helps,

	Ross Moore

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au