LaTeX, MS Word, asking questions, LyX (was Re: [OS X TeX] 1/2" margins)

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Fri Oct 13 08:43:40 CEST 2006

On 13.10.2006, at 00:33, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> Simon Spiegel wrote:
>
>> I never said that the current state is the end of the line, nor
>> did I say that you aren't entitled to discuss these things. I just
>> happen to disagree with you in what makes LaTeX unattractive to
>> many people and with the way you compare LaTeX (or LaTeX light)
>> with Word.
>
> You read a lot in what I am writing that isn't there, the latest
> example beting that other than saying "could be learned as fast as,
> say, MS word"—which I promptly recognized was an ill-chosen
> example, I made no comparison and implied nothing more about MS Word.

It's probably true that I got sidetracked by your Word comparison,
but then I must confess I don't understand what this LaTeX light is
supposed to do.

simon
--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

"I'm not that easy to impress. – O, a blue car." Homer Simpson