[OS X TeX] Re: Is there a Latex package for creating html slidy presentations?

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 22:48:58 CEST 2006

On 10/12/06, Eitan Gurari <gurari at cse.ohio-state.edu> wrote:

>  >
>  > What should be a command? htlatex foo.tex returns an error,  tex4ht
>  > foo.tex does not complain but produces something completely different
>  > from your output
>
> In the case of slidy-based slides, XML output I believe is expected,
> so a command similar to the following form should be used.
>
>      htlatex foo "xhtml"

I created foo.tex following your message

\documentclass{powerdot}

\title{An Example}
\author{First Author\and Second Author}

\begin{document}

\maketitle

\begin{slide}{Some Title}
Some  body
\end{slide}

\begin{slide}{Another Title}
Another  body
\end{slide}

\end{document}

and ran

htlatex foo "xhtml"

and it still complains

! Package xkeyval Error: `p' undefined in families `['.

Even in batch mode it stumbles at \maketitle and \begin{slide}

I have xkeyval 2.5e which is the latest

Meanwhile "latex foo.tex" works properly

> Probably missing and/or broken configurations.  I'll need miniature
> sample files demostarting the bugs to be able to address the problems.

Do you need a log file?

htlatex works perfectly on {article} class documents on my Mac(s)

                         Victor