[OS X TeX] Re: Is there a Latex package for creating html slidy presentations?

Robert Spence spence at saar.de
Wed Oct 11 23:08:33 CEST 2006

Dear Eitan,

On 11 Oct 2006, at 21:26 , Eitan Gurari wrote:

> The Slidy approach seems quite easy to incorporate into translations
> made by tex4ht.  I'll be glad to do so, provided there is an interest
> in having such a feature and the copyright of
>
>   http://www.w3.org/Talks/Tools/Slidy/slidy.js
>
> allows users to include the file in their own directories (that seems
> to be the case: http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/copyright-
> software).
>
> The support in tex4ht for slide styles is quite scant, mainly due to
> lack of demand from users.  I don't know which latex slide
> classes/styles will be easiest to configure tex4ht for.  In general,
> overlays are the more difficult features to address, if in latex they
> rely on copying and moving code around through the use of setbox and
> output instructions.

Anything you developed in this area would be of interest to me, and I
would definitely use it, but I'm pretty sure I could also get by with
just PDF slide shows.

I started trying to learn tex4ht a few months ago, and it's been a
fascinating experience...  At one stage, a website in (gulp!) Catalan
gave me just the information I needed---even though I could only read
it at a very generic-Romance-language level.  And I certainly never
realized how complicated the "behind the scenes" stuff in LaTeX lists
was!

A propos lists... is there a way of ending a sublist without also
ending the item it occurs in?

It's not urgent---I'm just curious.

-- Rob Spence