[OS X TeX] 1/2" margins

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 21:39:45 CEST 2006

Frank STENGEL wrote:

> Le 11 oct. 06 à 20:32, Alain Schremmer a écrit :
>

>> For some documents, though, I would prefer the margins to be 1/2"
>> all around an 8 1/2 by 11 page.
>>
>> Is there a way to achieve that by renewing something?
>>
>> (I don't even know how to get 1/2" margins as I got lost in
>> Companion2ed.)
>

> Try using the geometry.sty package. It gives you a lot of control on
> the geometry of the page. what you want could be achieved by the lines
>
> \usepackage{geometry}
> \geometry{paperheight=11in, paperwidth=8.5in, top=0.5in,
> bottom=0.5in, left=0.5in, right=0.5in}
>
> There is some fine print regarding headers and footers, so be sure to
> read the documentation...

1) Right in the abstract, there is:
For example, if you want to set margins (the left, right, top and bottom
margins) to 2cm from each edge of the paper, what you need is just
\usepackage[margin=2cm]{geometry}.
So, I am duly ashamed

If I understand this, I should get \usepackage{geometry}into MyPreamble
and then in the documents I should have a
\renewcommand\geometry{paperheight=11in, paperwidth=8.5in, top=0.5in,
bottom=0.5in, left=0.5in, right=0.5in}
As for the headers, these documents are exams and therefore only have
page numbers. But I will read the fine print.

Grateful regards
--schremmer