[OS X TeX] Re: Is there a Latex package for creating html slidy presentations?

Eitan Gurari gurari at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Oct 11 21:26:55 CEST 2006

 > > files. A few days ago I saw a Slidy presentation (
 >
 > http://www.w3.org/Talks/Tools/Slidy/
 >
 > ) the first time and found it fairly nice.
 > > Compiling my latex sources to Slidy had the advantage that the

 > Yes, this looks nice. There is a suite tex4ht (notably htlatex) which
 > can transform .tex to .html and some other formats. However
 >
 > 1) It definitely has issues with beamer. May be some less
 > sophisticated packages are treatedmore nicely but I would not bet on
 > it
 >
 > 2) It looks like Slidy uses a lot of custom staff and it does not look
 > likely that htlatex would follow this.
 >
 > Hopefully
 >
 > 3) Eitan Gurari will clarify this

Glad to do so. However, I'm not aware of the other postings for
current issue, as my email filter lets messages from OS X TeX through
only if they contain any of the following words: tex4ht, xhlatex,
htlatex, mzlatex, oolatex, laspeak.

 > 4) If Slidy becomes popular may be someone will write an extension  to
 > some pdf-slide package
 > making Slidy output

The Slidy approach seems quite easy to incorporate into translations
made by tex4ht.  I'll be glad to do so, provided there is an interest
in having such a feature and the copyright of

  http://www.w3.org/Talks/Tools/Slidy/slidy.js

allows users to include the file in their own directories (that seems
to be the case: http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/copyright-software).

The support in tex4ht for slide styles is quite scant, mainly due to
lack of demand from users.  I don't know which latex slide
classes/styles will be easiest to configure tex4ht for.  In general,
overlays are the more difficult features to address, if in latex they
rely on copying and moving code around through the use of setbox and
output instructions.

-eitan