[OS X TeX] Re: Is there a Latex package for creating html slidy presentations?

Luis Sequeira lfsequeira at fc.ul.pt
Wed Oct 11 11:44:45 CEST 2006

I don't see the point in doing slide presentations in html, but just
in case you mean PDF slide presentations,
  the answer is a resounding YES.

I myself use and very much like powerdot - it is simple and
intuitive. It is trivial to produce great handouts from your slides.

Some people prefer beamer. It may me more powerful, but the learning
curve is harder, and to me it seems bloated
(several different ways to do things, and a huge 400+ pages manual
that adds to the confusion; the powerdot manual,
by contrast, is some 30 pages long, including examples...)

For very basic presentations, you can learn to use either of them in
about 5 minutes.

Below is a very small example using powerdot. Note the very simple
\pause command to insert, er, a pause :-)
An equivalent example in beamer is not very different (just replace
the "slide" environment with a "frame" environment, I think).

%%% a small example

\documentclass{powerdot}

\begin{document}

\begin{slide}{My first slide}
Hey, my name is \pause Luis.
\end{slide}

\begin{slide}{Some Math}
You can put anything in your slides, e.g.\pause
$$ z^2 = x^2 + y^2 $$
\end{slide}

\end{document}