[OS X TeX] Asymptote and Latex for Tiger

Christian Heine christian at geosci.usyd.edu.au
Wed Oct 11 03:38:51 CEST 2006

On 11/10/2006, at 11:18 AM, Justin C. Walker wrote:
> On Oct 10, 2006, at 17:11 , Victor Ivrii wrote:
>> On 10/10/06, Gerben Wierda <Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl> wrote:
>>> On Oct 10, 2006, at 22:51 , Victor Ivrii wrote:
[...]
> Apple ships a "readline" emulation, based on "editline".  AFAICT,
> this is a not-very-well-done replacement, and all of my attempts to
> build software that depends on "the real" readline have failed.
>
> I just rename/remove the Apple-supplied version and use the real
> thing.
>
> FWIW, Apple's readine is part of "libSystem", the System Umbrella
> Framework.

I encountered a readline-related problem for a PostGIS/PostgreSQL
installation - the Apple's readline emulation caused some complaints
from PostgreSQL.
In this case, libreadline.dylib in /usr/lib is symlinked to
libedit2.dylib supplied by Apple, which seems to cause a segfault
upon exiting from the PostgreSQL interactive mode. Based on
suggestions on the web, I linked libreadline.dylib with the proper
version I installed through fink
(/sw/lib/libreadline.4.3.dylib in this case). This fixed it and
readline works fine now.

Cheers,
Christian