[OS X TeX] OT: Backup software

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Oct 10 14:01:10 CEST 2006

I have two backup strategies:

(1) A clone of my main drive, done by SuperDuper!, to be on the safe
side, in case of a hard drive failure or a botched OS update.

(2) Daily incremental backup to a third external hard drive (LaCie
Triple extreme 300GB, fast, silent, excellent) using ChronoSync: the
backup looks like a copy of your original files (for the latest
incremental backup) with a few additional folders containing the
older versions of the files.

With regard to Bruno's dilemma with his mail:

- Either have your mail on the server deleted only by your PowerBook,
or delete the read mail after a longer period, e.g., a week.

- Cc your sent mail from your MacPro to your account.

Claus