[OS X TeX] scrolling

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 20:35:37 CEST 2006

Chris Goedde wrote:

> On Sep 29, 2006, at 4:15 PM, Gary L. Gray wrote:
>

>> (2) The display format must be set to a multipage format to scroll
>> from page to page. See:
>>
>>     Preview > Display Format
>

> Interesting...but scrolling from page to page works for me, even
> though I only use the singlepage format. It's apparently because I
> display an entire page at a time (no scrollbars). In that case,
> scrolling takes you to the next page. If I make the window smaller so
> that it has vertical scrollbars, then scrolling only works within the
> page. Never noticed that before!

I don't seem to have the same behaviour.

(First, I am running TeXShop 1.43 under 10.3.9)

        Display format > Single Page
        Preview > Magnification > Fit to Window
                No scroll bar, I can scroll to previous/next page with
right/left arrow keys but not with wheel.

        Display format > Multipage
        Preview > Magnification > Fit to Window
                Scroll bar, I can scroll to previous/next page with
right/left arrow keys and with wheel.

Also:

I assume that Preview > Magnification > Fixed magnification is set in
the Preferences but there used to be a place on top of preview, left of
Page xxx of yyy, where I could change the magnification. I seem to have
lost it. I still have it on older files. What did I do to lose it?

Regards
--schremmer