[OS X TeX] scrolling

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Mon Oct 2 20:37:30 CEST 2006

On Sep 29, 2006, at 5:51 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

>> Though even in a single page format, if the magnification is large
>> enough (i.e., it only shows part of the page), the scroll wheel
>> should still work. Heck, on my Logitech mouse, the scroll wheel
>> even allows sideways scrolling and even this works in TeXShop's
>> preview (I don't have Logitech's software installed since I don't
>> really like it).
>
> I am lucky to have a cinema and to be able to have a full page on
> the screen but, yes, why can't the wheel do what left and right
> arrows do?

With the right driver software for the mouse, it can. :-)

In fact, the Logitech software will allow to do that on many of their
mice.

> Why don't you like the Logitec software?

I don't like the control I have over the tracking of the mouse. In my
opinion, it doesn't give the fine control that I get with Apple's
built-in drivers. With that said, it does have a number of nice
features that I miss, but I don't miss them enough to give up the
tracking control.

> Until now I didn't even know there was such a thing—I have an M-
> BT58 a friend gave me.

Some of the new mice are scary in the sheer number of buttons they
have and what they can do. I am always looking for the "perfect
mouse" to use with my laptop (right now, that is a MacBook Pro) and I
must say that I have been very happy with the Logitech V400 that I
picked up a few months ago.

Regards,
   Gary