[OS X TeX] Location of kvoptions?

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Thu Nov 30 23:41:55 CET 2006

On 01/12/2006, at 4:43 AM, Jeffrey Weimer wrote:

> I am having puzzling (to me) behavior with the kvoptions.sty file.
>
> I am using the i-Installer teTeX installation. I manually updated
> the entire contents of hyperref and oberdiek folders in /usr/local/
> teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/ by downloading the folders from
> CTAN, unpacking them, and copying over the folders.

Did you then do:  sudo texhash   or something similar
to update the  kpathsea  database files ( ls-R ) ?

This is necessary when you update in global locations.

> When I typeset a document starting with \usepackage{hyperref},
> typesetting hangs with an error to the effect of not finding
> kvoptions.sty. This file is however located in oberdiek (along with
> refcount.sty for example, which is found and used). I copied
> kvoptions.sty to ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/, and typesetting
> subsequently ran fine.

Anything in  ~/Library/texmf  is local to you, and is found
anyway --- unless you configure things to also use an ls-R
file for your local additions.

> I previously had a copy of the hyperref folder in my ~/Library/
> texmf/tex/latex/ folder that has since been deleted (after moving
> it to the /usr .... location).
>
> What am I missing?

Updating the databases.

> --
> J. J. Weimer, Chemistry / Chemical & Materials Engineering
> University of Alabama in Huntsville, MSB 125, 301 Sparkman Dr
> Huntsville, AL 35899                phone: 256-824-6954

Hope this helps,

	Ross

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au