[OS X TeX] Very (Mac)-specific mpm problem

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Wed Nov 29 22:42:03 CET 2006

At 10:06 PM +0100 11/29/06, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>Am 29.11.2006 um 21:06 schrieb Alan Munn:
>
>>1.cpp: In member function `void MyTestScript::TestFunc3()':
>>1.cpp:74: warning: invalid conversion from `unsigned int*' to `size_t*'
>>1.cpp:74: warning:   initializing argument 4 of `static bool
>>    MiKTeX::Core::Process::Run(const
>>MiKTeX::Core::PathName&, const MIKTEXCHAR*,
>>    void*, size_t*, int*)'
>>1.cpp:84: warning: invalid conversion from `unsigned int*' to `size_t*'
>>1.cpp:84: warning:   initializing argument 4 of `static bool
>>    MiKTeX::Core::Process::Run(const
>>MiKTeX::Core::PathName&, const MIKTEXCHAR*,
>>    void*, size_t*, int*)'
>
>There seems to be bad code in the test files:
>invalid conversion from `unsigned int*' to
>`size_t*'.
>
>But what you cited are just compiler /warnings/.
>There must have been some reason for a real
>compiler "error" ...

As far as I know, compilation succeeds with no errors.

>For me mpm worked the few times I tried to use
>it ­ and 'make check' had failed in some tests
>before. The question is what purpose 'make
>check' has: make sure that the programme works,
>or test whether the compiler works, or test
>whether the development environment is OK ­ or
>whether the test code is correct?

Actually I think it's the latter, so it may not be telling me much.

>Actually I am missing experience in this case:
>in your special network environment and in
>testing/using mpm.

That turns out to be a red herring.  Connecting
the same mac directly to the router doesn't solve
the problem.

Alan

--
Alan Munn                                                   amunn at msu.edu