[OS X TeX] Very (Mac)-specific mpm problem

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Wed Nov 29 19:20:50 CET 2006

>On 11/28/06, Alan Munn <amunn at msu.edu> wrote:
>
>>  >WAITCONNECT => PROTOCONNECT
>>
>>Yes, I am running as root. I left out the sudo in my example.  I
>>don't get even the WAITCONNECT ==> PROTOCONNECT response.
>

>I would try to take your Mac to the router and connect via Ethernet
>for testing purposes just to determine if the problem is with mpm
>installation or connection setup

Hi Victor, yes, I hadn't gotten around to doing this, but now I have.
It seems that it's particular to this particular machine, and not the
specific network configuration.  Connnecting the machine directly to
the router yields the same result.  What's weird is that mpm works
fine on both laptops.

Alan

--
Alan Munn                                                   amunn at msu.edu