[OS X TeX] TeX and the wild wild world out there

Michael Kubovy kubovy at virginia.edu
Wed Nov 29 15:55:51 CET 2006

Dear Friends,

Another issue: handling of floats. I moved to LaTeX after a near
catastrophe --- I was faced with a tight schedule and a complex
document consisting of 25 pp in two columns with many figures. MSW
refused to place the figures reasonably, always introducing white
space where it wasn't wanted. At the eleventh hour I was able to
tweak it into submission, but it was a close call. That kind of
problem has never faced me with LaTeX.
_____________________________
Professor Michael Kubovy
University of Virginia
Department of Psychology
USPS:     P.O.Box 400400    Charlottesville, VA 22904-4400
Parcels:    Room 102        Gilmer Hall
         McCormick Road    Charlottesville, VA 22903
Office:    B011    +1-434-982-4729
Lab:        B019    +1-434-982-4751
Fax:        +1-434-982-4766
WWW:    http://www.people.virginia.edu/~mk9y/