[OS X TeX] local vs. global symlink

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Nov 28 23:56:05 CET 2006

MacTeX should of course set a global link. The individual user could
set a local link and the only configuration needed is to replace /usr/
local/texprograms by /Users/username/texprograms and use the Local
Switcher to switch tex sources.

The reveal button will show the path to the actual source and the tex
version is mention in the first line of the log.

I don't see any complication. Besides, if there were complications
then they will exist independently of the settings local/global.

The point that I wanted to make was that most users should opt to set
a local symlink, because it won't require a password and offers the
same functionality. The tex sources will  be identical in both cases.

Claus