[OS X TeX] pdfsync.sty testers needed

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 00:46:52 CET 2006

Jérome Laurens wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the package now contains stronger code than ever thanks D. Kastrup
> which is good news because David's knowledge in LaTeX is far beyond
> what I will ever reach...
> pdfsync.sty is expected to work correctly in almost all situations
> but if you could make some tests on long production documents, it
> would help a lot.

I am running TeXShop 1.43 on 10.3.9.

    The new pdfsync gives me the following error message
    ?! Incompatible glue units.
    \PDFSYNC at endbox->\ifnum\lastnodetype
                                         >\m at ne \egroup \unbox \z@\egrou
    \...
    1.176 \end{align*}
    ?

A zillion Return after that many instances of the message does produce a
pdf but pdfsync seems a bit erratic in that it seems to get lost among
the many chapter variants that Book circa 350 pages may or may not
include. Moroever, I have just rearranged my whole filing system of
these variants and I can't really say how the new pdfsync compares with
the old pdfsync. Going back to old pdfsync, there is no more complaint
about glue units.

Best regards
--schremmer