[OS X TeX] basic etiquette

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Mon Nov 27 11:00:12 CET 2006

On Nov 27, 2006, at 09:49 , Roberto Avanzi wrote:

> These are maybe adventurous times for the Mac TeX
> community, but only for those that want to take the
> plunge and live on the edge.  I did, and the only
> thing I had to change, so far, has been to change
> all my \scalebox to \psscalebox due to a newer
> pstricks package.

TeX i-Package based on teTeX (and teTeX, and fink, darwinports):

\ProvidesPackage{pstricks}
   [2004/05/12 v0.2l LaTeX wrapper for `PSTricks' (RN,HV)]

TeX Live ISO (which people are now installing):

\ProvidesPackage{pstricks}
   [2005/10/07 v0.25 LaTeX wrapper for `PSTricks' (RN,HV)]

TeX i-Package based on TeX Live:

\ProvidesPackage{pstricks}
   [2006/08/10 v0.32 LaTeX wrapper for `PSTricks' (RN,HV)]

What people are generally not aware of is that the TeX Live ISO that
they are using is over a year old. So, depending on how you look at
it, the edge is still somewhere else ;-)