[OS X TeX] Re: Remarks on the /usr/bin/texprograms symlink

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Sun Nov 26 03:42:16 CET 2006

In the example below I set another symlink to the presently active
tex source, calling this symlink symlink

riemann:~ claus$ ln -s -f /usr/local/texlive/2005/bin/powerpc-darwin /
Users/claus/symlink
riemann:~ claus$ readlink ~/symlink
/usr/local/texlive/2005/bin/powerpc-darwin

This symlink can be set without password. I could use this symlink to
access the tex binaries through TeXShop or through Applescripts.

However, when the using the command line other tex paths might have
precedence, e.g., in my case

riemann:~ claus$ which tex
/usr/local/texprograms/tex

Claus