[OS X TeX] Re:TeXSwitcher

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Sun Nov 26 00:14:51 CET 2006

I think these claims of yours are a bit misleading, since the system
wide path set by TeX_Switcher or i-Installer, after  TeXSwitcher did
change the symlink, won't be effected by this change, unless
TeX_Switcher would check the currently active tex source through the
symlink and use this information for the path setting.

i-Installer doesn't know about the symlink at all and it is difficult
to imagine how its path setting script will be effected by the
presence of the symlink.

The only way "TeXScript" could interact with the path setting, that I
am aware of, is through my recommendation that users, who would want
to use the command line, should save these local profile files in
their home directories. Even if they did, this wouldn't influence the
path setting as far as I know, but the local settings would continue
to override the system wide settings.

The simplest way to remove these local provisions is to remove these
files from the home directory as I explained and recommended in my
ReadMe file.

Claus