[OS X TeX] Re:TeXSwitcher

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Sat Nov 25 23:28:38 CET 2006

Folks,

I need to point out that the TeXSwitcher just released by Claus Gerhardt
doesn't do the same thing that the "TeX Switcher" I released Thursday
does.
It is unfortunate that they have the same names.

In particular, Gerhardt doesn't handle the PATH variable as Gerben
and I do. It is fine to use Gerhardt's program as long as you understand
clearly what it does.

In particular:

	a) Using Gerhardt's program, and then later installing either of
	Gerben's TeX distributions with i-Installer will no longer reset
	PATH correctly.

	b) Using Gerhardt's program and then later switching distributions
	with my TeX_Switcher will no longer reset the PATH correctly.

Dick
koch at math.uoregon.edu