[OS X TeX] simpdftex doesn't generate DVI files

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Nov 22 22:51:55 CET 2006

Am 22.11.2006 um 20:07 schrieb Lawrence Paulson:

> When I try the command
>
> simpdftex latex --maxpfb
>
> at the command line, it produces a .pdf file rather than a .dvi file.
> What am I doing wrong?

Nothing: simpdftex simulates pdfTeX with latex, dvips, and
Ghostscript. It also simulates the kind of output file. Could you try
to invoke 'simpdftex --help' to see whether it shows some options to
keep the DVI file? Maybe there are other options to make the process
of creating PDF more transparent – or verbose. With these options you
could try to debug the failure in – TeXShop? You did not mention any
GUI ...

(I can't help more, trying to fix an HFS+ error. I hope it'll be OK
on Christmas!)

--
Greetings
                                  <]