[OS X TeX] Update of two i-Packages

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Wed Nov 22 10:04:52 CET 2006

> On Nov 21, 2006, at 3:50 PM, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>

>> The TeX Live i-Package contains programs and binaries based on TeX
>> Live now and a texmf tree based on a subset of Tex Live.
>>
>> The old TeX i-Package is based on TeX Live 2005 for the binaries
>> and teTeX (end 2004) for the texmf tree with some additions from
>> TeX Live.
>>
>> Basically, unless you need a TL2003/teTeX2 setup for some old
>> project, I would forget about the old TeX i-Package and only use
>> the new one.

> Howdy,
>
> After using the TeXLive installer I assume I'll have to move my extra
> fonts and supporting things (tfm, vm, sty, map, etc.) to the new
> texmf.locaal (or texmf-local?), install each map file, etc. I don't
> mind doing that but I want to know if that's correct.

Yes, that is correct.

Generally, you can move everytyhing from the old texmf.local to the new,
except for configuration files like language.dat, fmtutil.cfg, updmap.cfg
(because they may not be valid because names differ in both distributions)
and the results of using those configuration files (the installed maps for
pdfTeX, dvips, etc) and the .fmt files.