[OS X TeX] Update of two i-Packages

Philipp Mathey pmathey at uwo.ca
Tue Nov 21 23:09:32 CET 2006

>> 3) when using XeTeX (assuming both TeX i-packages are installed) :
>>
>> so for the switch
>> TeX (tetex) i-package --> TeX (TeXLive) i-package
>> I would need to :
>> 1. uninstall the XeTeX i-package
>> 2. run "Configure Only" for the TeX (TeXLive) i-package
>
> No need to uninstall the XeTeX i-Package, it is installed in the
> old location

I see, thanks.

I thought that it would be necesary to uninstall the XeTeX i-package
because in a previous post you wrote :

>> 1. TeX based on TeX Live now has a complete XeTeX (based on what
>> is in TL and I understand not all parts are u-to-date there) Note:
>> Instaling the XeTeX i-Package there will give you a non-working XeTeX

but I guess you were just pointing out that the XeTeX i-package is not
to be installed in the TeXLive install location, otherwise the two
XeTeX's
interfere with each other.

>> and for the switch
>> TeX (TeXLive) i-package --> TeX (tetex) i-package
>> I would need to
>> 1. run "Configure Only" for the TeX (tetex) i-package
>> 2. install the XeTeX i-package.
>> ?

for this direction, is 2. necessary ? ( I am asking because in the past
every time the TeX (tetex) i-package was updated, I also
had to reinstall the XeTeX i-package).

Thanks,

P.