[OS X TeX] eqn. numbering when using array

Morten Høgholm morten.hoegholm at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 17:25:15 CET 2006

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 16:19:05 +0100, Markus S <youcontrol at hispeed.ch> wrote:

> I am trying to add some text and brackets to a standard eqnarray set-up.
> What I have come up with works almost, apart from a slightly too small
> line spacing, I could not figure out how to have separate equation
> numbers for both equations. I have also tried the amsmath package with
> the command aligned but here again two labels for the two equations do
> not seem to be possible.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{empheq}
\begin{document}
\begin{empheq}[%
   left={\begin{array}{c}
         \mathrm{one} \\
         \mathrm{two}
         \end{array}
\empheqlbrace}]{alignat=2}
\mathrm{three:} & \displaystyle \frac{\partial f}{\partial t} +5 A & =  0
\\
\mathrm{four:} & \displaystyle \frac{dm}{dt}  + 6 B  & =  0
\end{empheq}
\end{document}

More examples in the empheq manual - it ought to be already installed on
your computer
--
Morten