[OS X TeX] TeXLive: What about Fink teTeX users?

John B. Thoo jthoo at yccd.edu
Tue Nov 21 16:52:51 CET 2006

Hello, everyone.  I've been reading the threads on TeXLive, Gerben's
soon-to-be-discontinued support of i-Installer, and a means to
install TeXLive ourselves with great interest and some trepidation.

I currently use teTeX installed with Fink.  I write using vi, latex
from an xterm window, and view using xdvi.  But that is about the
extent of my "command line savvy."  So, now I'm wondering how I
should proceed.

I finally upgraded to Tiger only a few weeks ago, so I'm perfectly
happy with being patient, as a few here have suggested, and not rush
to install TeXLive.  But it sounds like I will have to move to
TeXLive at some point.  Would installing TeXLive be as easy as Claus
proposes for someone with my setup?  Would Fink ever support
TeXLive?  What are my options?

TIA.

---John.
(I receive the digest.)