[OS X TeX] TeXLive-install-recipe download

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Sun Nov 19 19:05:04 CET 2006

Since I still have Gerben's old tetex installation I tried to switch
from TeXLive (TUG) to tetex which worked smoothly, typesetting a
document revealed that I indeed used Gerben's old installation.
Switching back worked as simply.

An affair of a few seconds.

Here is the definition for switching to tetex (for powerpc)

set sourceName to "/usr/local/tetex/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current"

Notice that you shouldn't try to switch from TeXLive (TUG) to TeXLive
(Gerben) because of the renaming of  Gerben's TeXLive folder; of
course one could try to use the changed name

gwTeXLive

but I don't know, if this would work, and I don't have Gerben's
TeXLive installed anymore for testing.

Claus