[OS X TeX] The movie15 Package

Jung-Tsung Shen jushen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 21:39:50 CET 2006

I submitted a question regarding the portable LaTeX on Mac earlier.
Out of curiosity, I searched other works by the same author whose
document was mentioned in my earlier inquiry. There's one of his works
which might interest some people on this list, for I vaguely remember
that I have seen some people ask about it earlier.

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/movie15/

>From the description in the Readme:

                             =====================
                                  The movie15 Package
                             =====================

    Alexander Grahn

    This package provides an interface to embed movies, sounds and 3D objects
    into PDF documents for use with LaTeX as well as pdfLaTeX. It follows the
    PDF-1.5 and PDF-1.6 specifications for embedding multimedia content. The
    specification allows media file data to be completely incorporated into the
    PDF output, thus producing self-contained PDF documents. A number of file
    formats is supported. For a (possibly incomplete) list see the table at the
    end of this file or refer to the PDF specification:

        PDF Reference, fifth edition:
        Adobe Portable Document Format version 1.6,
        Implementation note 144, Appendix H.3,

    available somewhere on Adobe's web site (http://www.adobe.com).

    Note, this file only gives a summary of usage and available command
    options. Please refer to the documentation `movie15.pdf' in the `doc/'
    directory for details.