[OS X TeX] Typesetting the Apple character

Paul Vickers paul.vickers at unn.ac.uk
Fri Nov 17 14:49:54 CET 2006

I know using xeLatex one can typeset the Apple logo using the Palatino
ligatures and the \logo apple command. However, I do not want to use
xeLaTeX for my current document but I do want the Apple symbol. I notice
you can type it directly from the keyboard with shift-alt-k and it
appears in the .tex source. Of course, when it is run through LaTeX it
comes out as a string of three characters. Anyone know how to typeset
this symbol in normal LaTeX?

Cheers

Paul