[OS X TeX] Installing the Harvard Package

François Briatte briatte at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 23:24:58 CET 2006

Dear all,

Alan's guide to installation worked for me. Thanks!

Which raises a new question…

I thought the Harvard package would give references the same
formatting as is asked here:
http://www.politicalstudies.org/styleguide.asp

It did not. So, following Alan's advice, I tested natbib, which I
remember using in the past, but never with BibDesk. The formatting is
still not what I am looking for.

To keep it simple, anyone knows a style that would give the following
formattings?

*

Hello World (Rawls, 1971).

…

Harmer, H. T. (1999) The Longman Companion to the Labour Party
1900-1998. London: Longman.

Abrahams, P. (1998) 'Notes on the Difficulty of Studying the State', Journal of
Historical Sociology, 1 (1), 15-21.

*

Just to wap everything up, my real concern may be that overall, I am
looking a style which does not exist. In which case I will feel sorry
for bothering the list!

François