[OS X TeX] ConTeXt and TeXLive ?

Steffen Wolfrum osxtex_2 at st.estfiles.de
Tue Nov 14 14:46:51 CET 2006

Am 14.11.2006 um 12:20 schrieb Gerben Wierda:

> On Nov 13, 2006, at 15:40, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> as long as there is support, please help me with my ppc to intel
>> switch with ConTeXt.
>>
>> I have just downloaded TeXlive and ConText-updater via i-installer:
>>

>> Why does ...
>> texmfstart texexec --make --alone --all
>>
>> end up in ...
>> -bash: texmfstart: command not found
>>

>> And why does ...
>> texexec --make --alone --all
>>
>> result in the ancient ...
>> TeXExec 5.4.3 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2005
>
> Basically because I have not gotten around to including texmfstart
> to the binaries as a patch and texmfstart is not installed when
> compiling and installing the most recent TL sources. Hans? Do I
> need to create a patch or will you make sure texsmfstart is
> included in TL?

Meanwhile texmfstart texexec ... works from the Terminal (found
texmfstart.rb made an rb-less alias into /usr/local/bin/ with right
rights).

But no way I found how to get it run from within TeXShop (still the
wrong path invoking TeXExec 5.4.3).
Usually I simply called ConTeXt with Pdftex, now this just results in
no activity at all, not even an error.

The (pdf)tex-path in TeXshop I set to /usr/local/TeXLive/bin/i386-
apple-darwin-current

Isn't that right?

Steffen