[OS X TeX] Re: End of i-Installer

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Sun Nov 12 17:56:13 CET 2006

Thanks Dick for your efforts and the good news!

I think most tex users, and certainly I, don't need upgrades
throughout the year of binaries and latex packages - in fact
upgrading and installing latex packages, if it should be necessary,
is easy and foolproof and can be done by the individual user alone.
If MacTeX would change whenever there is a new TeXLive version would
be more than sufficient.

In the long run it might be even prudent not to tax the time and
energy of the volunteers too much, lest they might feel exhausted and
unable to offer their generous help anymore. Bruno described such an
event in a different  mail, though I think he has to blame himself in
that particular example.

Claus