[OS X TeX] Different results with TeXLive intel/ppc

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Tue Nov 7 19:48:52 CET 2006

On 07.11.2006, at 19:06, Maarten Sneep wrote:

> On 7-nov-2006, at 18:53, Simon Spiegel wrote:
>
>> Since I don't have access to the intel machine, I can't check
>> this, but I'm pretty sure I selected A4 when I installed it, but
>> I'll check that (unfortunately, I wont access the iMac before
>> thursday). Anyway, I use a costum paper size with geometry, would
>> the paper size selected with the i-installer have any influence on
>> this?
>
> it shouldn't have, hence the question whether you explicitly set
> the paper size (within the LaTeX source).
>
> Run a diff on the log-file nonetheless, it does contain version
> numbers, and should point you in the right direction. The version
> difference may be in some core latex file.

Ok, this is really strange: comparing the logs shows that TeX on the
iMac uses /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/ instead /usr/local/
TeXLive/texmf.texlive/tex/l although I have set up TeXLive on this
machine today. So there are several packages with different versions,
among them babel, microtype, mathpazo, color, varioref, caption,
subfig, hyperref. I guess that will account for the differences. So
the problem seems indeed to be the setup of the iMac, I'll have to
check that.

Thanks for your help

simon
--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

"I have never been certain that the moral of the Icarus myth is, as
is generally accepted, 'don't fly too high', or whether it might also
be thought of as: 'forget about the wax and feathers, and do a better
job on the wings." Stanley Kubrick