[OS X TeX] Different results with TeXLive intel/ppc

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Tue Nov 7 18:50:59 CET 2006

On 07.11.2006, at 18:41, Chris Goedde wrote:

> On Nov 7, 2006, at 11:24 AM, Simon Spiegel wrote:
>

>> Unfortunately, the intel machine is at work, so I can't do any
>> smaller example right now to compare the two setups. But at the
>> moment I don't see any differences between the machines except
>> their CPUs.
>>
>> This is very troubling IMO. Anyone else seeing this, any ideas?
>>

> Are you sure that you are TeX'ing exactly the same thing on both
> machines with exactly the same versions of various packages? The
> first thing I would do is run diff (or some other comparison tool)
> on the log file(s) from both runs. I suspect that the two setups
> are not as identical as you think.

I sync both the document and the local tree with unison, so this
can't be it.

simon
--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

"In a world getting more and more democratic, film directing is the last
resort for dictators." Francis Ford Coppola