[OS X TeX] controlling the printer directly by engine

Chris Goedde cgoedde at condor.depaul.edu
Tue Nov 7 16:40:51 CET 2006

On Nov 7, 2006, at 5:00 AM, Friedrich Vosberg wrote:

> Morning.
>
> Is it possible to control the print output directly by a TeXShop
> engine without using the Mac OS X Page Setup ... and Print ...
> Dialogues? I think *dvi* could do this.
>
> The engine should use the default printer determined in the System
> Preferences. It should override system defaults paper size and
> orientation but print the paper size and orientation given in the
> document or in the engine. And duplex printing should be possible
> to be switched on and off by using various engines.
>
> How can I get this?

I don't think you can get this currently in TeXShop, but I don't know
for sure. Maybe someone else does.

Can you elaborate a bit more on _exactly_ what you want to do, and
how you envision it working? (With an example, if possible.) I ask
because I'm hoping to dig into the TeXShop code a bit during
December, and improving this kind of support is one of the things I
was thinking of doing. (For myself, primarily, of course!) So having
an idea of exactly what features you want would be helpful.

Of course, if this is already possible, I'd like to know that too!

--
Chris Goedde