[OS X TeX] Problem with a page from the GUST web site

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Nov 6 18:50:23 CET 2006

Are other OS-Xers here, not using the English locale (or version) of
web browsers such as Safari, Camino, Firefox, SeaMonkey, Opera,
experiencing problems viewing this page:

<http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/tex-gyre>

On my setup any attempt to view this page produces an error message
"Site Error / An error was encountered while publishing this
resource. / UnicodeEncodeError / [...]". This happens when the French
versions of the browsers are used. If English is chosen as the
preferred language in the International system pref, and the browsers
are restarted, then the page suddenly displays fine. Surprisingly,
irrespective of the language, Internet Explorer displays the page fine.

I've been in communication with the web administrators of this page,
and we are trying to figure out what's wrong. Hence the usual
question: am I the only one to see that?

TIA,

Bruno Voisin