[OS X TeX] strange i-installer behaviour

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Nov 5 13:42:57 CET 2006

Am 05.11.2006 um 13:25 schrieb Alessandro Andretta:

> Another curious thing: when I ask to check for upgraded packages, I
> get
> three warning messages:
>
> 	I cannot read the Table of Contents for http://tug.org/i-packages/
> asy.ii2.
> 	Either it is not an i-Package or there are network or remote
> server problems.
>
> 	I cannot read the Table of Contents for http://tug.org/i-packages/
> texbinaries.ii2.
> 	Either it is not an i-Package or there are network or remote
> server problems.
>
> 	I cannot read the Table of Contents for http://tug.org/i-packages/
> texmf.ii2.
> 	Either it is not an i-Package or there are network or remote
> server problems.

These three i-Packages are dead, they seized to exist (though I don't
remember the asy i-Package). Remove any of their hints from your i-
Packages location! For example: cd <location> ; rm -rf
texbinaries.ii2 texmf.ii2 [asy.ii2]

> Also it seems that the i-Package Ntpbm is unavailable, although it
> shows on the list
> of upgraded packages.

Because its name is Netpbm. You have the choice to update Netpbm from
another then your preferred server. Does this work? A few days ago it
worked for me ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

"Evolution"            o           __o                     _o _