[OS X TeX] updmap

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Nov 1 11:11:29 CET 2006

Am 01.11.2006 um 09:11 schrieb Paul Vickers:

>> Which version of TeX are you using?
>
> Not entirely sure how one finds out, but the first lines in the
> TeXshop console when compiling a file are:

I just wanted to know whether you were using some *EXPERIMENTAL* TeX
or Tex Live i-Package or just the standard TeX i-Package – and from
which year!

> ok, though as it is a single user machine, I'm guessing this is not
> desperately problematic?

Could be, but think of the time when we'll have to use TeX Live. In
the recent TeX i-Packages the basic configuration does not take into
account this personal TeX set-up. So the system's MAP files get
updated when you update parts of TeX from an updated i-Package, but
your personal area will stay unchanged.

--
Greetings

   Pete

                   Sorry my terrible English, my native language Lisp!