[OS X TeX] TeXShop at version 2.09c?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue May 30 14:36:08 CEST 2006

Le 30 mai 06 à 13:03, Matthias Damm a écrit :

> It is linked from the "Obtaining" page on the homepage:
> http://www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/obtaining.html
>
> "Here is a list of changes made in versions 1.43 and 2.09 of TeXShop:
>
> Changes in 1.42 and 2.05
> Changes since 1.42 and 2.05"
>
> (The last line is linked to the page I had mentioned.)

You're right, I had read too fast and thought one line was linked to
a list of changes in the 2.05 version and the other to a list of
changes in the 1.42 version. Must get some sleep definitely!

> But you are right, the TeXShop page is really quite confusing, I
> wouldn't look for the version history neither at "Obtaining" nor at
> "Links", but probably at "About".

There seems to be a mistake in the Links page. In the left frame:

- The item "Changes in 2.09 and 1.43" is linked to the page <http://
www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/changes.html>, with title "TeXShop
Changes in Versions 2.05 and 1.42".

- The item "Version History" is linked to the page <http://
www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/version.html>, with title "TeXShop
History (For Users of Previous Versions)".

However, looking closer, it appears the two pages are practically
identical save for their titles and for additional blank lines here
and there. Both document only the changes up to versions 2.05 and 1.42.

I think that instead:

- The item "Changes in 2.09 and 1.43" was meant to lead to <http://
www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/changes_minor.html>, documenting the
changes made after 2.05 and 1.42.

- The item "Version History" was meant to lead to either <http://
www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/changes.html> or <http://
www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/version.html>, both identical and
documenting the changes made until 2.05 and 1.42.

Speaking of which, I think that it would be more practical to have
the lists of changes organized by reverse chronological order from
top to bottom.